google-site-verification=SUeQ9f2VS95GRRRL2AgbjPqGXgFOTKBRbp2Fu4NT6lM Kingdom Marriage Series: Episode Eleven Skip to main content

Kingdom Marriage Series: Episode Twelve

Hi, guys. How do you do? Long time no post, right? It was beyond my control, honestly. But I'm here for the last episode in the  Kingdom Marriage series . And it's a really interesting one. Mr. and Mrs. Scott and Beatrice Eneje shared a lot with us. I admire their honesty and vulnerability and can't wait to let you in on it.  Before I leave your face, here's a reminder to catch up on the previous episodes. They are filled with many lessons you can't afford to miss. Start from episode one , then move to the next episode  and the next one till you get to the previous episode . Deal? Alright, let's hear from today's couple. Nancita: Please introduce yourselves.  Mr.:  I'm Scott Eneje. Mrs.:  I'm Beatrice Scott Eneje. We’ve been married for 3 years now. Nancita: How did you meet? Mr.: We met in college. She caught my attention in a class when she dissed me for dissing friends who were trying to find out how I was the only one to score every point in a

Kingdom Marriage Series: Episode Eleven

Hi, guys. How are you today?

Hope you've been enjoying these series? Today's couple have been married for four months. Even though they think their marriage is still young, I believe we can learn some things from them. So get your pen and journal and dive in.

Nancita: Please introduce yourselves. 

Mr: I'm Segun Oduro.

Mrs: I'm Hephzibah Oduro. We've been married for about 4 months now.


Nancita: How did you meet?

Both:  We met at Ekosodin in Uniben.


Nancita: Was he/she your spec at first sight?

Mr:  Yes.

Mrs: No.


Nancita: What are the non-negotiable qualities you found in your spouse?

Mr: Her simplicity.


Mrs: His consistency. 


Nancita: What does a kingdom marriage mean to you?

Mr: A kingdom marriage basically means God being the centre of the union and both of us doing marriage by the scriptures. 


Mrs: Adding to my husband's words, a kingdom marriage is beyond the couple. There is always an area of service attached to your union.


Nancita: What is your view about God's will in marriage?

Mr: There is no one woman meant for you and vice versa. But it is essential that God leads you to whoever you choose to marry. 


Mrs: Same view as his.


Nancita: How did you become convinced that you made the right choice?

Mr: Being a very private person, I observed having her in my corner did not distort anything. Loving her was very natural to me. I didn’t have to try to do anything. 


Mrs:  Well, through the years, I met many people. But what stood out in Segun was that his heart for me was consistent throughout the years. Many people came around for what they could see on the outside, but the young man was very interested in who I was, so that stood out for me. 


Nancita: How did you prepare for marriage, and when did you start?

Mr: It’s not quite clear, is it marriage or wedding?

Because, if it’s marriage, you keep preparing for marriage all your single years. So, that holds a lot of experience. But for the wedding, we started preparations as early as February 2023.


Mrs: Same reply.


Nancita: How did you ask her to be your girlfriend/wife? 

Well, at the time, our locations were far apart. So, it was via chats and video calls.


Nancita: How did you respond? Were you surprised, or did you see it coming? 

He will still do another proposal sha, because virtual proposal is not proposal.


Well, I saw it coming. We were talking that day and then the conversations became more intimate and serious, that’s when I knew where it was going.


Nancita: How long did you court? Describe your courtship. 

Mr: The grammar to explain how our courtship was will fail me ooo. We courted for about 6 months.


Mrs: Same reply.



Nancita: How did you resolve misunderstandings during courtship?  

Mr:  To a very large extent, I understand Hephzibah. So I could understand her tantrums many times. I always told her we should talk immediately when something was wrong.


Mrs: Haha… Well, he does a great job in handling conflicts. He tries to deal with the matter exclusively of me. What I mean is that he does not address me according to my actions. He likes peace ehn, so I had to learn to voice out rather than sulk, expecting him to read my mind. And the truth is that we didn’t have to deal with so many conflicts.


Nancita: What was the role of your local assembly in your courtship?

Mr:  I told my pastor about her.


Mrs: I attended programs that were put together for singles and married people. 


Nancita: Do you encourage pre-marriage counselling?

Mr:  Yes Yes Yes.


Mrs:  Yes.


Nancita: What resources do you recommend for courtship and marriage preparation?

Mr:  Books and first-hand experiences from older couples that you trust.


Mrs: I have read quite several books, and you can also not read enough. So books are important, as well as first-hand experiences.


Nancita: What kind of wedding did you have? Was it your dream wedding?

Mr: Weddings are for women o.


Mrs: Hahaha….I had a great wedding. I have always wanted something simple because I don't like stress and glory to God; we were able to achieve that.


Nancita: How has married life been?

Mr:  Great. I am happy I married my dream girl.


Mrs:  So far, so good. It’s been great.


Nancita: What was your greatest culture shock?

Mr:  I can’t really say. I think I was able to prepare my mind for a lot of things. And my wife makes things a lot easier.


Mrs:  Mine is that I have had a decline in the number of friends I used to have. That was my own shock o.


Nancita: What got better when you got married?

Mr: Na 4 months we dey. We still dey observe each other.


Mrs: Haha…same reply.


Nancita: What do you enjoy doing together the most?

Mr:  Walking.


Mrs: We take long strolls together. It’s the most beautiful thing we get to do.


Nancita: Do you miss being single? If yes, what do you miss?

Mr:    Not really.


Mrs:  I miss having to crush on Jonathan Mc Reynolds…hahaha (that’s a joke)

I think I don’t quite miss anything.


Nancita: What does love and submission mean to you?

Mr:  They are equal, and they co-exist. We had to first learn both in our relation to other believers. But now in the context of marriage, the wife was instructed to submit because there has to be one leader. 


Mrs: I go with what my husband has said. And I'll that love is commitment. Commitment to what you ought to do despite how you feel.


Nancita: How do you navigate challenges?

Mr:  This our marriage young o…

Ermm, I will say that I have learnt not to worry over what I cannot really change. If it can be worked on, we work on it. If not, we leave it where it is until it can be worked on.


Mrs: The marriage is quite young like he said. But what I do is put myself in his shoes. Try to articulate the matter and decide how to deal with it.


Nancita: Write a love note to her:

Thank you for loving me genuinely. This love comes with no pressure, and that makes it an even bigger blessing. Thank God for making it work, but also thank you for the role that you’ve played. 


Nancita: Write a love note to him: 

Baby, thank you for making this so peaceful. You have such a large heart and how you understand me baffles me a lot. I love you. Thanks for making this easy.


Nancita: What is your advice for singles and intending couples?

Mr:  I will go with what my wife says…


Mrs:  Haha…that's a set-up

First, enjoy your singlehood. Take the time to develop yourself.


Secondly, understand that your partner is unique in their own way. Learn to deal with them that way; don’t compare them with any other person.


Lastly, the Holy Spirit is your helper. 


Thank you for sharing this with us. If you missed the previous episode, it's not too late to catch up on it. Click here to do so. Until the next episode, stay safe.


Love and Light,

Nancita✨


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IN THIS BUILDING; TWENTYTHREE ROOMS

  "The third stair in the second floor of this building.."  That's the illustration I used to announce my new age yesterday. I believe I am a building under construction in the hands of God the Constructor and so are you. So twenty three rooms here (like the rooms in an actual building) refers to some of the things that comprises my being. Some are my interests, likes, values and others my favorite things.   Over the years, I've found it very hard to respond to "tell me about yourself" And no, it's not from a place of unawareness, more like confusion or so. This is because a lot of things come to mind AT ONCE and the struggle becomes what to say exactly... So today, to make it easy for you, I decided to let you into the rooms of my heart. These are some of the things I hold dear..twenty three of them, because I just turned Twenty three. Go on your bathroom break now, grab a drink and enjoy. Let's go... ✓I have an amazing relationship with God.  I am

How to have a Happy New Month

A.U.G.U.S.T! T he month of new beginnings! Happy new month, guys.  Apart from my birth month and the month of December, August is another month I like. No reason in particular. Hello, and welcome to my blog. How have you been? How's the month going? From the beginning of this year and even our lives, one thing we've consistently been faced with is the issue of choices.  The concept of choices is as old as man. I'm typing this right now because I chose to, you're reading this right now because you chose to. We both could have opted for something else, but here we are.  A happy life is a life where the right choices have been made consistently. A happy new month will be one where great choices were made and kept to.  Wanna have a happy new month? Keep reading, leave a comment when you're through and share with your friends and fans.  Let's go! Life is a matter of choice and each day you make choices; either actively or passively. When you decide to do something, y

NYSC Chronicles: Nine Ex-Corpers Share thier Experience

Hi guys, welcome. How do you do? So like I said in my previous post, I got a few of my friends and colleagues to document their NYSC experience right here.  I asked them a couple of questions and you'll read their answers soon. We hope that you read and learn, especially undergraduates and Prospective Corps Members. It would give you a glimpse into what NYSC looks like and also make your journey easier.  Without further ado, let's get into it. Take a seat and enjoy! You're welcome.  Elizabeth Isajimi Nasarawa corper Tell us about yourself (be as detailed as you're comfortable with) I am Elizabeth Isajimi. I am a photographer and a big-time lover of God. A Tiktok freak 😜 and I love keeping myself entertained. I see myself as someone who can transform any little business into a company. I served in Nasarawa state and was posted to a hospital.  What were your expectations about NYSC? I had a lot of expectations about NYSC, one of them was meeting very influential and well

Notes on Grief

  Guyssssssssssss... I have a testimony… I overcame procrastination, yet again 🀧 So, for what seemed like forever, I was away...and today, I have returned.. Now, this is me dusting off the cobwebs here and wearing back my blogger hat... But first, before we go all the way into this blog post, I offer you a salutation… AlohaπŸ˜ƒ  Welcome, welcome... Welcome to my blog, dear readers. I am Nan. C, (in case you forgot) The first thing I want to say is; I know I've been away for five months. Like, five whole months fa…πŸ˜₯ I mean, where did time go, so soon? Phew! Anyways, I'm here now and we'll continue from where we stopped. Which is, reviewing the book I talked about in my last post. Book Title: Notes on Grief by Chimamanda Adichie. I'll say something little on why I decided to read the book, and then select a couple of statements that resonated most with me and add my little two cents as well. They are a lot, believe me. But I'll stick with a few for this post.  Reason

Running the Year Intentionally

Hi guys, HAPPY NEW YEAR.  2023 is already three days old. Can you imagine? Did you review the previous year? Have you made plans for this year? More importantly, have you started running with the plans? If yes, how are you running? Just running or running intentionally? You should be running intentionally, we all should run through the year intentionally.  You see, no one can depend on vibes to run the year. Vibes fade, eventually. It's a new year and for most people, resolutions have been made. Visions and plans have been written here and there, which are all good. But the vibes that come with the new year will soon fizzle out. It's fickle. I think mine has fizzled out already sef πŸ˜†  The real thing that can carry you through the year in fulfilling your plans and converting your goals from idea to I did it is discipline. Intentional discipline. You must commit to showing up, no matter your mood, emotion, or feeling.  According to the Wheel of Life Theory, there are about twel