google-site-verification=SUeQ9f2VS95GRRRL2AgbjPqGXgFOTKBRbp2Fu4NT6lM NYSC Chronicles: Nine Ex-Corpers Share thier Experience Skip to main content

Kingdom Marriage Series: Episode Twelve

Hi, guys. How do you do? Long time no post, right? It was beyond my control, honestly. But I'm here for the last episode in the  Kingdom Marriage series . And it's a really interesting one. Mr. and Mrs. Scott and Beatrice Eneje shared a lot with us. I admire their honesty and vulnerability and can't wait to let you in on it.  Before I leave your face, here's a reminder to catch up on the previous episodes. They are filled with many lessons you can't afford to miss. Start from episode one , then move to the next episode  and the next one till you get to the previous episode . Deal? Alright, let's hear from today's couple. Nancita: Please introduce yourselves.  Mr.:  I'm Scott Eneje. Mrs.:  I'm Beatrice Scott Eneje. We’ve been married for 3 years now. Nancita: How did you meet? Mr.: We met in college. She caught my attention in a class when she dissed me for dissing friends who were trying to find out how I was the only one to score every point in a

NYSC Chronicles: Nine Ex-Corpers Share thier Experience

Hi guys, welcome. How do you do?

So like I said in my previous post, I got a few of my friends and colleagues to document their NYSC experience right here. 


I asked them a couple of questions and you'll read their answers soon.


We hope that you read and learn, especially undergraduates and Prospective Corps Members. It would give you a glimpse into what NYSC looks like and also make your journey easier. 


Without further ado, let's get into it. Take a seat and enjoy! You're welcome. 



Elizabeth Isajimi

Nasarawa corper



Tell us about yourself (be as detailed as you're comfortable with)

I am Elizabeth Isajimi. I am a photographer and a big-time lover of God. A Tiktok freak 😜 and I love keeping myself entertained. I see myself as someone who can transform any little business into a company.


I served in Nasarawa state and was posted to a hospital. 


What were your expectations about NYSC?

I had a lot of expectations about NYSC, one of them was meeting very influential and well-connected people. Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet anyone like that.


What do you wish you knew before going for service?

If I had known that corp members are overworked and used at their PPA I would have prepared my mind in advance. It was awesome and at the same time annoying. I thank God I scaled through.


Describe your camp experience

I wish I was told about the whole camping experience. It was quite difficult for me to adapt because I had never stayed in a room of almost 150 girls. I had to wake up very early in the morning to have my bath just to avoid the long queue. Sharing toilets was another issue. I struggled a lot during my 3 weeks orientation camp.



Do you think NYSC should be scrapped? Why?

I understand that NYSC is trying to bring everyone together from different ethnicities, but I feel that NYSC should be optional.


How do you think the scheme can be improved?

I feel the scheme can be improved when corp members are not posted to communities that are life-threatening. NYSC should stop posting PCMs to locations like that.


How involved were you in CDS activities? (Tell us the group you belonged to, what you do, and how you contributed)

I was fully involved in my CDS activities. I was a member of Charity and Gender CDS. All that we did was provide help to the needy. We carried out a lot of sensitization programs, we visited the orphanage,  hospitals, and locations that needed urgent help and I participated.


What's something you're most grateful for in this service year?

I am grateful  I had the opportunity to meet new friends from different parts of Nigeria and I am grateful for the experience.


 


Say something to Prospective Corp Members

Dear PCM, make good use of your service year and invest in yourself. Use this opportunity to learn new skills, relax, discover yourself, and most importantly put God in everything you do.



Emmanuel Onu

Edo corper 



Tell us about yourself (be as detailed as you're comfortable with)

Serving my country Nigeria under the present administration was God’s doing. We planned on saving part of our Allawee but in the end, it was God that was saving our lives. 

My name is Emmanuel. Usually, my friends call me Lincoln. I graduated from the Department of Computer Engineering, Unizik in 2019. As unstable as our country was and still is, COVID19 and ASUU strike postponed my service year from 2019 to 2021. 

NYSC for every Nigerian parent is like a verification that yes, my son went to school, lol. Those days when I stayed home awaiting the NYSC senate list, my dad kept reminding me that he wasn’t sure I went to school, that maybe I was busy collecting school fees and squandering them.

Fast-forward to 2021 when I was finally posted to Edo, I felt that huge relief that at least, I won’t be seen as the son that collected school fees but never went to school, lol.

I was posted to a secondary school.


What were your expectations about NYSC?

For me, I had no specific expectations. I just wanted to leave the house and stay somewhere I’ll be fully responsible and answerable to only myself.


What do you wish you knew before going for service?

Going into camp there was this notion my elder brother had filled in my head; “Emma, don’t worry, girls will rush you in camp". Na so I come dey raise my shoulder for camp, with my empty pockets and ugly face…lol.

Omo, nobody notice say I dey exist def. Camp isn’t worth the hype, abeg. But for extroverts, the camp was fun unlike for people like me where socializing was a big problem. Well, enough about camp already.


Describe your camp experience

The camp was not much fun for me considering I was a diehard introvert. I would use my black nose mask to cover my face in an attempt to shy away from conversations. 

While the big boys explored all the girls of their choice, people like me just stood there each time we did devotions and marching exercises admiring different girls I found attractive.

I remember liking one because of her innocence which I could see through her facial expressions. And the other, she was fair and very beautiful and the last one I admired at first because she was different. 

She was pretty, young, and beautiful. And unlike most girls in camp, who wanted to get the attention of guys, she was inaccessible like I would usually tag it, lol.

I always had this flare for impossible missions (attempting to be the guy this girl would be talking to in camp, lol). And just like every guy, I had my opportunity to take the final test to see if she was what I call a “perfect stranger”. So the day we had a security lecture organized by people from the Civil Defense, I decided to try my best. 

I asked her questions regarding relationships, and her answer was shockingly amazing. In my mind, I was like wow, I think I have found a friend. I didn't even check if I qualify for the babe's eye…lol. Long story short, the babe didn’t see me fit, of which in a few months-time I understood. Looking back at pictures of myself while in camp, I will reject myself too. I looked bad, but we still talk to date sha.


Do you think NYSC should be scrapped? Why?

NYSC to me is a good scheme in Nigeria. It gives most of us that feel that pressure to leave home the opportunity to go out and see life for ourselves.


How do you think the scheme can be improved?

But where the federal government could improve is the posting. Posting in NYSC is terrible. Imagine a Computer Engineer that is posted to a rural community school to teach. All my digital skills were not put to good use. 

After the service year, you will be thrown into the state of “God what do I do next, moving around to job hunt”. Corpers should be posted to places that reflect their profession or courses in school. It will reduce unemployment and inexperienced youths because a year is enough time to get “hands-on job” experience and exposure.


If you could do this again, what would you do differently?

Seriously, my NYSC is a successful story, if given another chance I won’t do anything differently, I had a very good run.


How involved were you in CDS activities? (Tell us the group you belonged to, what you do, and how you contributed)

What is an NYSC story without the famous CDS? Well, I was the president of my CDS group (Charity CDS). True to the slogan “Charity begins at home", and "you can’t give out of an empty cup”, our activities during my reign as president centered on skill acquisition between members ranging from perfume making to liquid soaps. 

We organized sensitization in some female-only and male-only schools where we discussed topics like; "School is not a Scam" and “Choosing a Career”. 

We also painted the local government secretariat. Believe me, making a difference and impacting those young boys and girls gave me a fulfilling feeling.

Say something to prospective corp members

I’ll advise PCMs to take their PPA work seriously because you do not know who is watching. As I type this, my principal is making calls to different companies to secure me a job just because she feels I helped the school.

Although I no go lie, the stress no be here. I taught physics and chemistry from SS1 to SS3. Regardless of the stress, try to give them your best, those kids you taught well today might teach your kids tomorrow.

What's something you're most grateful for in this service year?

I have saved the best for the last. This service year for me was programmed by God. If I had served earlier, I would have missed the 500 thousand naira grant I won from Unity bank. 



At times, God delays us on purpose for something huge in the future. So do not feel where you are now isn’t where you ought to be, always put in your best and leave the rest to Jesus. He is the Perfecter of plans.

Well, after the service year, I can say I don’t look bad. Today, I believe all I felt I lacked then, I have them now, all glory to Jesus. 



Ifunanya Eze

Delta corper


Tell us about yourself (be as detailed as you're comfortable with)

My name is Ifunanya Eze. I'm an ex-corp member of the Batch B stream 1, 2021 set. I'm a relationship coach and family life practitioner. 


I served in Delta State and was posted to a school.


What were your expectations about NYSC?

No stress, just flex.


What do you wish you knew before going for service?

That I shouldn't take more than I can handle. Things would work out themselves.


Describe your camp experience

My camp days were lovely. I involved myself in a lot of activities. It was stressful but I overcame it.


Do you think NYSC should be scrapped? Why?

I don't think NYSC should be scrapped. Leaving your home to a new place, and learning about different tribes is one of the beauties of NYSC.


How do you think the scheme can be improved?

I think people should be posted to where they are worth. Sending a Medical Doctor or an Engineer to a school to teach is a sign of a lack of structure in the country. Developing their skills in their areas of discipline becomes limited when they are sent to school.


If you could do this again, what would you do differently?

I would have taken one step at a time. Allowed myself to breathe.


How involved were you in CDS activities? (Tell us the group you belonged to, what you do, and how you contributed)

I was the Vice President of my Education & Mass Literary CDS group. I oversaw the arrangement and movement of corp members to over 10 schools in the community to enlighten students on the importance of education and literacy. 


What's something you're most grateful for in this service year?

I'm most grateful for the friends I had from this service year. 


Say something to prospective corp members

Don't underestimate the power of one year. It's enough to make or break you. Make the right friends. Contribute one way or the other to your community. Build and value relationships.



Fame Asakitikpi

Edo corper



Tell us about yourself (be as detailed as you're comfortable with)

My name is Asakitikpi Efeme Fame. I'm a graduate of the University of Benin. I'm tall, dark, and beautiful. I love reading books and meeting new people.


I served in Edo state and was posted to the Ministry of Education.


What were your expectations about NYSC?

I had great expectations for my service year. I wanted to work in a place that would expose me to ideas and people. I felt NYSC would give me the independence I always craved for.


What do you wish you knew before going for service?

I wish I was fully aware that NYSC can throw a man into a total village and expect you to serve there. Omo! I wished I knew all the pros and cons before I went to camp.


Do you think NYSC should be scrapped? Why?

NYSC gave most people the opportunity to step out of their homes/comfort zone for the first time. I know the meaningful relationships that came out of my service year. Most people think NYSC should be scrapped, but I think NYSC is cool.


How do you think the scheme can be improved?

NYSC should minimize the way they throw people's children into deep and dark villages abeg. They should also seek to improve their camp facilities (my camp wasn't that bad, but I heard some are in a bad state). They should also seek to take better care of their corp members in terms of payment, accommodation, and PPA allocation.


If you could do this again, what would you do differently?

If I were to serve again, I feel I would jump on more opportunities. I would ask more questions and save myself from a whole lot of stress.


How involved were you in CDS activities? (Tell us the group you belonged to, what you do, and how you contributed)

I was in the Service Delivery CDS group. We were in no way active. We just kept on meeting each other and saying the same thing over and over again. Sometimes I feel it's a waste of time. 


But I know some folks that made an impact in their CDS group. The only thing I contributed to my CDS group was my ideas and money. I also learned a lot from my CDS group, on some days, they organized career talks and life hacks. I learned a lot from that too.


What's something you're most grateful for in this service year?

I'm grateful for the people I met, the lives I was able to impact and the opportunities I took advantage of.


Say something to prospective corp members

To prospective corp members:

Be open-minded

Be optimistic

Ask the right questions

Build relationships

Take advantage of every opportunity you have to build yourself and impact lives.



Samuel Odo

Edo corper


Tell us about yourself (be as detailed as you're comfortable with)

I am Odo Samuel Uchenna from Nsukka in Enugu State. I studied Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Federal Polytechnic Oko, Anambra state. I reported to NYSC camp, Okada, Edo State on the 29th of July 2021.


I was posted to Amazing Grace Company, a branded dealer in multi-choice products. There, I  was trained on how to install DSTV, CCTV, and intercom networking. 


My major assignment is home service delivery. One pertinent skill I learned is customer service. Towards the end of my service, I represented the company in one of the branches which allowed me to learn how to manage customers even under pressure. It also allowed me to know many areas in Benin City.


Describe your camp experience

NYSC camp is one of the indelible memories I enjoyed. In life, I have learned that one of the reasons people complain about a particular issue is because of their differences in passion. Many people fathomed camp activities as punishment because they don't have a good reason to be involved. 


For the few weeks I spent in the camp, I came across people with different behavioral patterns due to family orientation. I was assigned to hall five "Purity" hostel. 


In that hostel, we had countless noise makers who never considered the plight of others. I equally came across people with several meal tickets! They collect three plates for each meal session! On the parade ground, some people could not get it right, even if you cut off their neck, it was full of fun. 


Another experience I had was an exchange of jungle boots. Naturally, God gave me sizable legs that made it difficult for me to find my size.


I received different degrees of insult from prospective corp members when I told them I was looking for size 46. Luckily for me, I met a pretty lady named Nancy. 


She gave me the 46 I was looking for and collected mine which was not even the size she was looking for. The statement she made was " at least I have been able to solve someone's problem" She has a heart of gold because she kept looking for her size!



Do you think NYSC should be scrapped? Why?

No.


How do you think the scheme can be improved?

I want them to improve in the area of welfare. Then accommodation of some corp members is nothing to write home about. I want people to appreciate NYSC. It has been a good memory intermingling with people from other tribes.


If you could do this again, what would you do differently?

If this service is to be repeated, I would like to be a teacher, because I love educating the younger generation both academically and morally.


How involved were you in CDS activities? (Tell us the group you belonged to, what you do, and how you contributed)

CDS is another cardinal point of NYSC. I was assigned to the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) CDS. 


Our activities are to enlighten the general public on how to prevent or save themselves in an emergency.


I supported my group in various capacities including financially and otherwise. We visited many schools, markets, and motor parks donating fire extinguishers and first aid boxes in line with our financial strength.


What's something you're most grateful for in this service year?

Thank you, mum! You lived to see your baby become a son. I pray for a supernatural upliftment for anyone who contributed in one way or the other to make my service year a success. Remain blessed!



Say something to prospective corp members

Finally, I want to encourage you to develop yourself. There is dignity in labor. Anything you are doing to earn a living; do it with all your strength, provided it is not diabolic. There are unlimited opportunities in the ICT world. Acquire digital skills that can be your source of residual income.



Ruth Nwosu

Taraba corper



Tell us about yourself (be as detailed as you're comfortable with)

My name is Nwosu Ruth Chiemerie. 

I hail from Umunwanwa in Umuahia South Local government area of Abia state.


I'm the last child in a family of three.

I'm a graduate of Microbiology from Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State.


I served in Jalingo, Taraba state.

My place of primary assignment was Government college, Jalingo.


What were your expectations about NYSC?

I expected to have a lot of time to work on my personal development but my PPA and other activities took a lot of my time.


What do you wish you knew before going for service?

I wish I had a proper orientation about life during service year but the information acquired before service year wasn't all true.


Describe your camp experience

My camp experience wasn’t a favorable one. I came into camp during the rainy season. It was very cold in Taraba, so most times it was difficult to bathe early in the morning.


The mosquitoes were much. I fell sick in camp. Meeting new people was the only favorable part of my camp experience.



Do you think NYSC should be scrapped? Why?

No, it shouldn’t because it brings different tribes together and enhances unity.


How do you think the scheme can be improved?

The scheme should improve the relationship between employers and corp members. Most employers treat corp members disrespectfully.


If you could do this again, what would you do differently?

I would find a PPA that isn’t stressful so I can focus on my business.


How involved were you in CDS activities? (Tell us the group you belonged to, what you do, and how you contributed)

The name of my CDS group was Drugs Free and Quality Control. I was actively involved. I participated in sensitizations etc.


What's something you're most grateful for in this service year? 

My service year gave me a lot of friends that are more like family now. It was a great year of interacting with the outside world.


Say something to prospective corp members

To all prospective corp members, have an open mind towards serving the nation. 

It's a platform to make a difference.


Mercy Aliamaka

Edo corper



Tell us about yourself

My name is Mercy Aliamaka, I’m a graduate of Sociology from Delta State University, Abraka. 


I’m an online vendor and I served in Edo State. I was posted to a private school in Egbaen community. 


What were your expectations about NYSC

To save, flex and have a lot of time to learn a skill.


What do u wish you knew before going for service

I wish I knew that it’s not as sweet as seen on TV.


Describe your camp experience

It was the worst experience ever. Although many people enjoyed theirs, I didn’t enjoy mine at all. I camped at Tsafe camp, Zamfara.


From the morning cold to sleeping late and waking up very early, and a whole lot of other factors made my camp stressful and unenjoyable.



Do you think NYSC should be scrapped?

No.


How do you think the scheme can be improved?

By making it optional and also scrapping those villages/states the scheme always throws people to. Some persons were kidnapped and even died on their way to camp. So the only way it can be improved is to make it optional or allow people choose their preferred state to serve. 


If you could do this again, what would you do differently?

If I’m to serve again, I’ll do less work and embrace new opportunities no matter how stressful it’ll be. And if possible ghost my service year.


How involved were you in CDS activities? (Tell us the group you belonged to, what you do, and how you contributed)

I was in Service Compact CDS group (SERVICOM). Our aim was to sensitize people/offices on proper service delivery.


We did a lot of sensitization and we also organized competitions among secondary school students and I learnt a lot from it.  


I was elected as the Financial Secretary and I contributed with some ideas and finance. 


What’s something you’re most grateful for in this service year?

I’m grateful to God for everything and I’m also grateful for the people I met.



Say something to Prospective Corp Members.

To Prospective Corp Members;

Ask questions when you don’t know what to do next.

Do as your power reach, especially at your PPA.

Take advantage of every opportunity to build yourself.

Try to save, no matter how little.


Godwin Ogri

FCT corper



Tell us about yourself (be as detailed as you're comfortable with)

My name is Godwin Igri. I’m 29, studied accounting at Micheal Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, and graduated with a 2.1. 


Before then, I studied Business Education at Ebonyi State College of Education, Ikwo. I'm currently doing my ICAN. I’m the first in a family of 3. I served in FCT, Abuja.


What were your expectations about NYSC? 

Wow, before I came to this NYSC eh…. I asked so many questions and did so much research on the best and most secure place to serve. My uncle served in Port Harcourt and he told me PH is good but not the whole place.


I have a friend that served in Anambra and he said there was safety but not much money. Someone told me Akwa Ibom was ok and they pay very fine. He also said copers are valued in the north but it’s not secured, and the west doesn’t even value NYSC at all because the least they have in some families there are master's degree holders.


With all these in mind, I had already planned out my NYSC. Before I graduated, I told myself that I want to serve in CBN or FIRS, nothing more or less. 


One of my uncles called me, sat me down, and told me that if I want to serve and enjoy it, I should go to the north, so far it’s not any security threatened state. He said it was the only best advice he could give to me.


So with this, I concluded that it’s gonna be Abuja that has both CBN and FIRS so I went to pray and God did it for me and I was posted to Abuja. 


God did part of it and remaining the other part of being posted to CBN or FIRS.


What do you wish you knew before going for service?

I wish I knew that the 33k doesn’t last. Ah, I wish I knew how to balance between my NYSC and my side hustle.


Describe your camp experience

Wow, like seriously, the best part of my NYSC program was the camp. If I’m allowed to go back to camp I will go even up to 10 times. 


I made so many significant friends that have contributed to my life positively, 95% in this last year. The funny part is that those friends are Muslims while I’m a Christian. 


The whole camp was so fun for me. From waking up too early and disobeying soldiers then claiming to be a senator's son, serving punishment on the parade ground, the parade and so many other things.


Ah, how can I forget the tea in the morning and the Sunday rice and chicken? Everything was fun.



Do you think NYSC should be scrapped? Why? 

No! Like why? Why should it be scrapped? Whoever is proposing this should be sent to jail for life. This program gives everyone a platform to stand on and start life unless you no gree use your head. 


Do you know with your NYSC khaki you have access to enter anywhere in Nigeria and nobody will ask you anything? 


The least they will say is: "no, we can’t accept you here" Then you move to the next place. Do you know I entered CBN HQ without questions? Let me not go there. 


How do you think the scheme can be improved? 

First of all, they should increase that monthly allowance to at least 50k. 


Seriously, they should make it a mandate that no federal government organization should reject a corper. 


Like how will you go to a federal government organization as a federal government pikin and they will tell you they can’t accept you in that organization? Like they can’t accept you in your father’s company? Who does that?


Lastly, they should make it a law that anywhere corpers serve, they should be retained, except if they refuse to work there. This will help to reduce unemployment.


If you could do this again, what would you do differently?

My dear, I will make more friends in camp and I will still serve where I served. I will put more effort into my side hustle because the allawe no day last, 2 seconds, everywhere bust.


How involved were you in CDS activities? (Tell us the group you belonged to, what you do, and how you contributed)

Well, in camp I was in Sustainable Development Group (SDG) CDS but when I came out I joined the EPS CDS and it was fun. 


My CDS mama is the best you can ever have. I was confronted with the presidential position but I refused because I wanted to work from behind the scenes. I ended up being in charge of social activities in the CDS.


What's something you're most grateful for in this service year? 

My friends, my boss, and the exposure was worth it.



Say something to prospective corp members.

My brothers and sisters in the Lord, that 33k no day last oh. Hustle while in service for a paid job or to be retained at your PPA.  Start the hustle immediately after you leave camp, look for a side hustle or two, and put in at least 60% of your time. 


Pray always, e dey help, trust me. Don’t do night stuff except you don’t like your life. 



Godgift Onuoha

Edo corper



Tell us about yourself (be as detailed as you're comfortable with)

My name is Onuoha Godgift Oluwaseun 

Finished from the Federal Polytechnic Ilaro, Ogun state. I'm a microbiologist, sales specialist, and investor. I served in a hospital.


What were your expectations about NYSC?

Initially, it was just to serve and hopefully save up to start a profitable business.


What do you wish you knew before going for service?

I wish I knew what NYSC entails, that is what constitutes the service year.


Describe your camp experience

I learned more things. It was interesting, I love the people I met there.



Do you think NYSC should be scrapped? Why?

No, because in a way it was an avenue for learning.


How do you think the scheme can be improved?

Orientating the corps members on the need to be effective in their PPA and

 their communities.


If you could do this again, what would you do differently?

Nothing much apart from the fact that I would do more projects that would be of benefit to the people of the various communities in the LGA.


How involved were you in CDS activities? (Tell us the group you belonged to, what you do, and how you contributed)

My CDS group was the Medical Health Service CDS group. We engage in health matters, sensitizing the people of the communities on health matters. I was the CDS group leader and I contributed by making and carrying out suggestions that benefitted the corps members and communities at large.


What's something you're most grateful for in this service year?

The beautiful souls I met, the connections I made, and most importantly, the impact I made.



Say something to prospective corp members

Wherever you’re posted serve with all your heart. Try to create your happiness, and do the needful because opportunity can come up at any time.


Make your service year memorable and impactful. People are watching, do good and keep your head high in the game.


Service can be fun or the other way round, depending on how the individual 

makes do with the opportunity given.


The End.


How did we get to the end already? 🥺

I hope you had fun reading, as I did while compiling and editing. 


Remember to comment and share with your family, friends, and fans. 


Finally, thank you guys for doing this with me. I appreciate it. Congratulations to us, once again. The next phase of our lives will be better and greater. (Amen)


Love and light.

Nancita✨

 

 

Comments

  1. Wow... See as I de laugh as I de read these experience them

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s great reading people experience about a compulsory scheme.

    God bless Nigeria youths 🙏

    Thank you for compiling this 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, beautiful stories. This’d have been a great read for me when I was preparing for my service year

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Name
Email
Website
Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to have a Happy New Month

A.U.G.U.S.T! T he month of new beginnings! Happy new month, guys.  Apart from my birth month and the month of December, August is another month I like. No reason in particular. Hello, and welcome to my blog. How have you been? How's the month going? From the beginning of this year and even our lives, one thing we've consistently been faced with is the issue of choices.  The concept of choices is as old as man. I'm typing this right now because I chose to, you're reading this right now because you chose to. We both could have opted for something else, but here we are.  A happy life is a life where the right choices have been made consistently. A happy new month will be one where great choices were made and kept to.  Wanna have a happy new month? Keep reading, leave a comment when you're through and share with your friends and fans.  Let's go! Life is a matter of choice and each day you make choices; either actively or passively. When you decide to do something, y

IN THIS BUILDING; TWENTYTHREE ROOMS

  "The third stair in the second floor of this building.."  That's the illustration I used to announce my new age yesterday. I believe I am a building under construction in the hands of God the Constructor and so are you. So twenty three rooms here (like the rooms in an actual building) refers to some of the things that comprises my being. Some are my interests, likes, values and others my favorite things.   Over the years, I've found it very hard to respond to "tell me about yourself" And no, it's not from a place of unawareness, more like confusion or so. This is because a lot of things come to mind AT ONCE and the struggle becomes what to say exactly... So today, to make it easy for you, I decided to let you into the rooms of my heart. These are some of the things I hold dear..twenty three of them, because I just turned Twenty three. Go on your bathroom break now, grab a drink and enjoy. Let's go... ✓I have an amazing relationship with God.  I am

Information Overwhelm; How Do You Deal?

In today's world, there's a huge demand and supply of information. We are in the age where information comes looking for you, for example; Google ads and the likes. You really don't need to actively search for certain information, unless you want a deeper and more detailed knowledge of a particular subject. It has proven to be great as some people actually get to learn all they can. But what happens when your intake is so much, compared to your execution? I hear there's a possibility for constipation to occur. You know like when you feed and digestion rate is slower than normal, it causes constipation.  Asides the digestive system, what if I mention that you might be suffering from 'knowledge constipation'? There's just too much information stored in your brain with little to no one being put to use. That's a not-so-good place to be in, you know. How about you become more selective about what you take in mentally? Just like you won't eat any and ever

Running the Year Intentionally

Hi guys, HAPPY NEW YEAR.  2023 is already three days old. Can you imagine? Did you review the previous year? Have you made plans for this year? More importantly, have you started running with the plans? If yes, how are you running? Just running or running intentionally? You should be running intentionally, we all should run through the year intentionally.  You see, no one can depend on vibes to run the year. Vibes fade, eventually. It's a new year and for most people, resolutions have been made. Visions and plans have been written here and there, which are all good. But the vibes that come with the new year will soon fizzle out. It's fickle. I think mine has fizzled out already sef 😆  The real thing that can carry you through the year in fulfilling your plans and converting your goals from idea to I did it is discipline. Intentional discipline. You must commit to showing up, no matter your mood, emotion, or feeling.  According to the Wheel of Life Theory, there are about twel